VIA SATA broken?

I have a MSI KT6 Delta motherboard with VIA SATA.

I can boot FC6 in rescue mode, but can't seem to find my fedora install.

FC5 kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5 works fine.
Can't boot kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5, sees disks, but can't identify them.

I am using dmraid.

Also if I try to mount like /dev/sda6 if says it isn't a block device.

I don't really need dmraid, but can't find enough information about it to
remove it.  Most of the things I have found talk about writing over the
whole disk with dd to remove it and I really don't want to do that.

So do I wait for the next kernel and hope it fixes my problems?

Should I submit a bug report?  Seems like I am not the only one with SATA
issues.

How do I learn more about dmraid?

How do I mount a fat partition?  Do I have to call it something different
because of dmraid?  It used to work in FC4, but not since dmraid and FC5.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Jerry