Xen guest OS broken after upgrading from FC5 to FC6 ;(

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 27 07:41:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, mantra UNIX wrote:

> I have SuSE 10 running on top of FC5 successfully for a quite a while now,
> But after upgrading to FC6 i get the following error stating Xen guest.

> running non PAE kernel on PAE kernel ....
>
> 1. whats is this PAE stuff ?
> 2. how do i get the guest running again ?

PAE is I think to do with how the kernel addresses memory, and is a
compile option that is either on or off. But for xen, it has to be on for
all kernels or off for all kernels (or rather the settings have to be the
same for the kernel and the common xen hypervisor). PAE is now on for xen
in FC6, so perhaps you should look to see if Suse do a PAE xen kernel.

	Michael Young