Sane (xsane) Scanning on HP PSC 1500 eg 1510

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 27 11:17:51 UTC 2006

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 23:13 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> I did not know it ever worked. You might check your messages log and
>> dmesg when attempting this. Also, isn't there a special program for
>> all-in-one scanners that is needed? I do not scan a lot and was happy
>> with the print capability, which I use mostly.
>>
>> xsane crashes whenever I tried the scanner function though.
> Open Office Writer does a great job of scanning through the import
> function. It has worked the best for me. Ric

Thanks for the lead. I will try that function.

I ended up having to boot into XP to get this item scanned, remove the
corrupted HP software, find the CD for the printer, reinstall the
software and experience other XP malfunctions. If something works in
Linux, I'd be that much more satisfied. Now that I know it "used to
work" in previous releases, I'll try to resolve the scanner issue.

Jim
--
I came home the other night and tried to open the door with my car
keys...and the building started up. So I took it out for a drive. A cop