Disk Error BB,AX=4280, Anybody Else?

David Hunt david.hunt.linux at comcast.net
Sat Oct 28 01:43:01 UTC 2006

Installation stopped 20 minutes (or so) into the install of FC6 using a
DVD. It was unable to read one of the files. After rebooting the system
hung at ISOLINUX, and gave a "Disk Error BB,AX=4280..." I retried many
times, same thing. The DVD drive was smoking hot, so I let it cool for a
minute, and tried again. This time it made it a little farther and died
again, same error. Hmm... I had a fan from an old air hockey table, so I
started install again with fan blowing directly on the DVD drive.
Install went  fine. I have tried the install a few times now (various
reasons), and as long as I'm using the fan, install works great.

Is anyone else having problems with DVD/CD drives overheating during
install?

David Hunt