Re: Fonts do not look so nice as before F6

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 10:51 -0400, Deron Meranda wrote:
> Regarding the unpleasant kerning issues, it does seem to be a
> problem specifically with the DejaVu family of typefaces

If it really is a kerning issue, then that would be font dependent.
Kerning information should be a part of the font, nothing else can know
the details required to properly kern a font than those that created it.
Sure, computers can measure the distances between things to get it
almost right, but there's no aesthetics to that.

I read messages from the public lists.