Re: Does Anyone Know How To Get VMware Server Working in Fedora Core 6?

On 10/28/06, Thomas Cameron <thomas cameron camerontech com> wrote:
Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>      I already manually installed the i686 kernel and the kernel-devel
> but I still come up with the same problem in installing VMware.  What
> should I do next or where do I go to find out step-by-step to fix this
> problem?

Have you rebooted so that the i686 kernel is running?

What is the exact error you are seeing?  Can you copy & paste it to the
list?

The method here (in this thread) suggested caused a lot of booting
problems in my case. Thus, in my opinion, a safer technique is the
following:

1. keep the same i586 kernel;

2. download the i586 kernel-devel;

3. install it;