konsole - settings - configure Konsole menu not appearing

When I choose  settings - configure Konsole menu option, the configuration
dialog does not appear.  The other settings dialogs, do appear.  Googling
found a note in a kde forum saying this was a packaging program involving
redhat-menus, but when I freshened it from the FC6 install DVD, it didn't
help.  I am not sure this problem appeared with FC6: as it has been a long
time since I tried to change something in Konsole.
--
Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/