Re: FC6: yum problem: unknown url type: media

Problem solved:

I had used the DVD to populate my initial FC6 mirror, including the
repodata.   When I refresh the repodata with from the mirrors, yum
started working.

The odd thing is that my FC5->FC6 upgrade worked fine with it, and the
resulting FC6 system was able to run yum fine.  Just the fresh install
had problems.