[SOLVED] KSnapShot problem.

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Sat Oct 28 18:42:21 UTC 2006

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> When running ksnapshot and saving the captured window I get an error
> message saying: Could not find mime type application/octet-stream.
>
> Where is this mime type hidden and why can't ksnapshot suddenly find it?
>
> Any suggestion as to how I can repair this problem?

Found that the directory .kde/share/mimelnk was empty. I then copied the
directory /application from my old FC3 system into this empty mimelnk directory
and that solved the problem. Why this mimelnk directory has become empty is
still a mystery to me.

--
Erik P. Olsen, Civilingeniør, MSc
Solsortvej 30, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark