FC4 upgrade to FC6

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 22:37:42 UTC 2006

2006/10/27, Philippe A. <futhark77 at gmail.com>:

> I have FC4 installed and want to upgrade to FC6. I popped a tested FC6 DVD
> in the drive and started the install. It stalls at the stage where package
> dependencies are examined. The progress bar does not even change. My hard
> disk does not even spin.I will try various workarounds, for ex removing
> KDE, even though FC6 installer is silent about that. Anaconda used to be
> picky about KDE in the past. Is it still the case? I may also try upgrading
> to FC5 then to FC6 if its what it takes.

I have finally managed to upgrade to FC6. I upgraded to FC5 first, then to
FC6. I doubt upgrading to FC5 was any useful. When I got to upgrade to FC6 I
still had the rpm dep examination stalling. I came back one hour later and
found I could go on with installation. I don't know how long it took before
the progress bar got updated. There ought to be better feedback. When I
upgraded to FC5, the progress bar started moving immediately at the same
stage.