fc6 & ndiswrapper

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat Oct 28 23:15:43 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 18:20 -0400, Raja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to get ndiswrapper work with intel pro 3945abg wireless
> adapter on fc6. I am using ndiswrapper-1.27. I added alias wlan0
> ndiswrapper to modprobe.conf and after this linux freezes at boot time
> while starting network. Has anyone got this working? I suppose the
> problem is related to 4k stacks kernel. Is the 16k stacks kernel
> available somewhere?

More likely related to the module for the adapter loading but not
working, and conflicting with ndiswrapper.
Look at the output of lsmod and see if there are actually modules

I had a similar issue and after I was able to locate and create the
firmware file for my adapter I was able to use it without ndiswrapper.
To use ndiswrapper I had to blacklist the adapter modules that loaded
automagically.