NVidia from Livna seems to have broken X

I'm not seeing this exact issue, apologies if I missed it
I installed NVidia drivers from Livna on a working FC6
On reboot, it gets all the way to the second X start and the
screen then just goes black and nothing happens
I tried booting into runlevel 3 the old way by typing "a" when the
splash screen came up, and typing "3" at the prompt - that didn't
work
Next time I typed "runlevel3" at the prompt, and that led to same
result as above, but in a much shorter boot time - just a black
screen
Tried booting into runlevel1 with the same result
Anyone else encountered this?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA