Re: NVidia from Livna seems to have broken X

On Sun October 29 2006 11:07 am, Tim wrote:
> Not sure what you're doing by 'typing "3" at the prompt'.

Presumably, because you're still running FC4 - things are a bit
different, now.

> Just
> to be sure that you're doing what we expect - to boot into
> runlevel 3, I'd add a 3 on the end of the kernel line.

I got a three appended to the end of the kernel line, just to make
this short. It doesn't work - it won't even start the first
instance of X now, it just goes to a black screen and stalls
after the initial Selinux and kernel messages.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA