Re: LG M1 Dual Express Laptop

Jeff Vian wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 11:54 +0200, Amichai Rotman wrote:
Anyone had the experience installing FC6 on any Intel 945BGM - enabled
laptop?
IIRC there is a firmware file that needs to be installed for the driver
to properly access the interface.

More than just the firmware is needed, driver also and in my case a kmod.

There are multiple rpms available from various repos:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ipw3945+fedora&btnG=Google+Search

In my case I configured ATrpms, so it was as easy as:

#yum --enablerepo=atrpms install ipw3945d

#ipw3945d for the hardware to be recognized and configurable.