Re: Secure ftp

Todd Simi wrote:

I have a vendor that I have to regularly send files with ftps. I have sftp which uses the openSSH stuff, but ftps uses SSL. Does any one know of a good open source version of a product like sftp that will run from only the command line so it can be placed in scripts?

I'd be using it in FC5*maybe FC6 soon, as well as 2 RedHat 7.2 systems in regular production.

I think you can use sftp itself from scripts by using the -b option to specify a series of commands to execute or by using '-' and piping commands to it via standard input.

--
Ian Chapman.