Build of VMWARE worstation and FC-6 ?

don fisher dfisher at as.arizona.edu
Sun Oct 29 23:36:21 UTC 2006

Has anybody else had a problem building vmware workstation? I receive
the following:

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

The directory of kernel headers (version @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE) does
not match your running kernel (version 2.6.18).  Even if the module were
to compile successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.

I am confident that I have the correct kernel source loaded. I even went
out to kernel source and built a version from the base distribution.

I am afraid I do not know what @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE means.

Thanks for your help

don