Re: Fedora Core 6 ROCKS ! Salute to the developers !

On 30/10/06, Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:
Philip Walden wrote:

> Yes, like I said, I have not witnessed a Core release before. You must
> admit there is a *swarm* of questions about it.

Actually I seem to recall much more traffic here on early releases, when
  IIRC there was more breakage.  Like FC1 -> FC2 which went from 2.4 to
2.6 kernel, naturally and like the other distros making the same change
at the same time a lot of things around the kernel made trouble.  If it
wasn't for the i586 bug FC6 would have been really quite trouble-free
and the trend seems to be that as a global distro, the thing is getting
more and more solid.

Anyway looking at any OS support forum you will only see problem after
problem :-)  the happy people generally don't feel moved to post about
their happiness much, this thread aside.

-Andy

Take for instance the current problems plaugeing Ubuntu Dapper > Edgy upgrades.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/virus.html
http://english-lyrics.com/