FC6 Nightly Yum Updates

Don Maxwell don.maxwell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 15:00:11 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06, Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk> wrote:
> Don Maxwell wrote:
> > The /etc/cron.daily directory in FC6 does not have yum.cron as was in FC5.
>
> Isn't yum-updatesd supposed to do this?
>
> I have never got it to work correctly. It doesn't fetch any
> updates, and sometimes it blocks yum...

On my test box, where I did an update from DVD over my existing FC5,
anaconda did not install yum-updatesd. Thanks to your assist, I did a
manual yum install of it and am now looking it over.  Very different!

There is a discussion of yum-updatesd in the thread "FC6 yum updates
dependency problem".

Seems to me that something as important as system updates ought to be
more automatic from the install.  I hope that I just plain missed it
somehow.