wireless network configuration

In my network configuration gui, under my wireless interface second
stanza - the one wity "Automatically obtain IP address with dhcp" - is not
sensitive. I can't select anything from there. I can only give myself a
static private IP address, and that's fine at home, but I'm at work now,
and I need to be able to get an address via dhcp.

Is anybody else seing this? Is there a reason for it? But in the GUI?