Cannot Boot FC6 Install DVD(s) on Athlon 64 System

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Oct 30 17:08:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 15:46:59 -0500,
  Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net> wrote:
> At this point I'm not sure what to do. It's like a giant step backwards.
> I'm downloading the 6 CD iso's now. Should I just install from the CDs?
> (I'm hoping the CD install doesn't fail.)

This sounds like the DVD might be marginal. Did you do a media check?
If it is a media problem and the DVD isn't too bad, you might get lucky trying
again.
Another possible option would be to copy the DVD image to a partition that
isn't being formatted (during the install) and do an install from the hard
drive.