X Windows has disappeared on FC6 install.

Installed FC6 yesterday with many headaches...

Finally, everything seemed to be working perfectly well, including reboots. No errors.

Rebooted this morning with all services starting properly. Logged in on splash screen, expecting to get to my gnome desktop; instead I get a console screen reading:

Fedora Core release 6 (Zed)
Kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 on an i686

[hostmane] login: [blinking cursor]

What the heck is going on?!? Where did X and gnome go? What can I do to get my desktop back?

Thanks for any help!