fetchmail and not delivering cc + bcc mail

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 17:31:08 UTC 2006

--- Keith <ac7xcLnx at newsguy.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 12:41 +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> > Hi
> > Please could you advise.
> > I have fetchmail / sendamil running on a server that collects mail
> > every 15 min, but it seems that the mail address in the cc and bcc are
> > not being delivered to the user's boxes and going to the catch all
> > box.
> > What could be wrong ...
> >
> > --
> > Gregory Machin
> > gregory.machin at gmail.com
> > www.linuxpro.co.za
> >

> Create a procmail recipe to deliver the mail to the user mailbox.
> If fetchmail is being run by root then put a .fetchmailrc in root's
> directory or you can set one up in /etc. If it is a user account you are
> running fetchmail create a .fetchmailrc in the users directory. The most
> important line is to use
>
> is localuseraccountname here
>

> sample .fetchmailrc
>
> set postmaster "username"
> set logfile .mailfetch-log
>
> poll mail.servername.net with proto POP3 uidl
>  user 'pop3_username'
> pass 'pop3_password'
> is localuseraccountname here
> keep
>

> ## end of .fetchmailrc
>
> You can use a .procmailrc recipe to catch anything to a
> certain pop3_accounts name in the header.
>
> :0H:
> * .*pop3_username.*
> /var/spool/mail/username

In this context, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a several
years-long issue. I have fetchmail and procmail set up just fine, and they are
working, but here is the problem.

When I get my mail and procmail it, I make a logfile. However, the log-file
does not have the sender's name in it but rather my name (because I fetched it
from my pop server). This is not much use to me, and would really help if I
could find a way to get procmail to provide me with the sender's name.

Many thanks,
Trotter