FC5 new install memory issue....

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 04:10:09 UTC 2006

I have a new MSI K9mgm2 AM2 system that I just built and loaded with FC5
x_64.  The problem that I am havin is that the system is writing to the
memory like it is disk and the more I do the less I have (I have 2gig).  I
am running with the latest kernel (2174) and not sure what to look at.  I
can provide more system details if needed, but am running out of ideas.  My
main drive is a serial drive and I do have a swap partition but it never
uses it, once the memory gets down so far it just locks up.  Anyone, anyone
have any suggestions/help.  Thanks.