remove partaion

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 2 13:59:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 12:44 +0530, yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> /dev/hda2             7.7G  5.0G  2.4G  68% /
> /dev/hda5              15G  331M   14G   3% /backup
> /dev/hda1             388M   13M  355M   4% /boot
> /dev/hda6              14G   11G  2.3G  83% /data
> none                  121M     0  121M   0% /dev/shm
>

> hi to all
>  i have a partation type as discueed above
> i want to delete/remove
>
> /dev/hda5              15G  331M   14G   3% /backup
>  this partation and want to install windows 2000 on that partation
> so can u give me help how can i remove the partation so it wiill not effct
> the linux and it run as it is
>

> tahnks

Why do you neeed to remove it. You could just not mount in Linux and
just let the Windows 2000 reformat it.

THe real problem is that it is not the first partition on the disk.
Windows likes to be in the first partition on the disk.

Using partition magic to move all the partitions over may or may  not
work.

There is no sin but ignorance. -- Christopher Marlowe
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net