Desktop system PCI wireless solution

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 3 13:55:49 UTC 2006

I need a PCI-based wireless adapter for a Fedora desktop system.

This thread discusses it to a point, unfortunately, however, I never saw
that the OP was successful in getting his PCI wireless card working in
Fedora.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&m=115638433316282&w=2

One respondent (Thurfir) indicated success with an Asus WL-330G, which
appears to the OS as a wired device.  (Thurfir, if you're reading this,
what driver does Fedora use for the device?)

I'd like any recommendation for a PCI-based wireless device that works
in Fedora, preferably without ndiswrapper, but if you have an adapter
working with ndiswrapper in a desktop system, I'd like to know that, too.

Thanks,
Jay