Searching through the fedora-list archives

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 18:14:11 UTC 2006

On 9/4/06, Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> Is there a simple way of searching through the archives
> for a particular topic?
> (In my case, it was "/dev/dsp".)
>
> I tried to use google groups,
> but it did not seem to recognize the gmane "newsgroups".
> I seem to recall that one can use google
> to search a mailing-list archive,
> but if that is so I don't remember how.
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
>
> --
browser.  On the resulting page was a link to the archives, I clicked
it (you could do a right click and then "copy link") and copied the
link.  Then I went to www.google.com and chose "Advanced Search" at
the right of the search key window.  In the resultant page under "Find
Results" I found the line "Domain", left "Only" selected and pasted
the URL I had copied into the provided window.  In "with all of the
words" above I placed "Timothy Murphy" and got 2220 hits (you are a
busy guy!).

Have Fun!

Tod