Apache

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at SUTH.COM
Tue Sep 5 19:13:31 UTC 2006

Jacques B. wrote:
> On 9/4/06, Mike <mike at atn-networks.nl> wrote:
>>
>>  eng.waleed schreef:
>>
>> hi
>> How can I change the default page of apache, I try to change the
>> documentroot ,but it is did not work
>>  restart apache??
>>

> Yep.  When you change httpd.conf, you must then restart apache
> (/etc/init.d/httpd restart) for the new .conf file to be used.
>
> Jacques B.

If you are talking about the default "Fedora Core Test Page"
take a look at the settings in /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf

They will be applied if no index.(htm,html) lives in docroot

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT, GSEC
anthony_placilla at suth.com

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64