Postfix, Dovecot && FQUNs

Stuart Murray-Smith eight32 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 09:09:41 UTC 2006

Hi list

I've configured an in-house email server as per:

http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_postfix_virtual_hosting_2

where: the TLA FQUN == fully qualified user name

POP3 successfully auth's by looking up /etc/dovecot/passwd as per line
on webpage:

"25 auth_passdb = passwd-file /etc/dovecot/passwd"

which is in the form of:

[FQUN]:[shadow_password]

Problem is, Postfix by FC default standard doesn't point to this auth
mechanism to relay outgoing email. I've Googled, and there seems to be
a myriad ways of aligning these auth mechanisms.

If someone could please advise a most-preferred way :-)

Thanks in advance,

Stu@

--
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.