FC5 - Eclipse with Sun Java

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 15:52:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-09 at 12:07 +0200, Mostafa Afgani wrote:
> $ export PATH=/opt/jdk1.5.0_08/bin:$PATH; eclipse
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXt.so [libXt.so:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXext.so
> [libXext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory]

I've never experienced this.  If I am testing something with a
proprietary JVM, I use the -vm option as Mark mentioned before.
Something like this:

eclipse -vm <path to java binary>

I'm wondering if what you tried above didn't work because of some Sun
JVM weirdness.  Try adding -vmargs -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64 to
your eclipse command line and let us know what happens.

Andrew