TV tuner pci cards on FC2

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Sep 6 16:45:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 13:50, Peter Reed wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I spent most of yesterday afternoon googling for info on supported TV
> > tuner cards. From http://www.grosbill.com I found three analog cards
> > within my price range.
> > Card1:
> > Avermedia AVerTV GO 007 plus/fm plus. This card according to the
> > Avermedia site uses the Philips TDA8275 chipset.
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/CARDLIST.saa7134  shows a
> > variant of this card, #57 that uses the saa7134 chipset.
> > FC2's /lib/modules/2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma/kernel/drivers/media/video
> > has a directory with drivers for the saa7134, but the only TDA drivers
> > are: tda7432.ko, tda9840.ko, tda9875.ko, and tda9887.ko.
> >
> > Does anyone know if this card is likely to work if it isn't using the
> > exact driver required?
> >
> > Card2:
> > Pinnacle PCTV Analog PCI
> > Can't find any chipset info on this one from Pinnaclesys site.
> >
> > Anyone know if this card is supported?
> >
> > Card3:
> > Terratec Cinergy 250 PCI
> > This uses, according to the Terratec site the Philips saa-7134 chipset,
> > but isn't specifically listed at the link for saa7134 supported cards
> > above.
> >
> > Any one knows if this works ok?
> >
> > Accepting that one of these cards has a suitable driver in the kernel,
> > are there additional packages I need to install in order to play TV on
> > the Linux box with FC2?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Tvtime as an application is probably the best for viewing tv on Linux.
> I do not know about the above cards but I use an ATI pci tuner card that
> works fine.
> Peter

Thanks Peter. I just installed that using Synaptic from Dag's site. Running it
with no tv card installed is hogging the cpu, but perhaps it's just
frustrated in not being able to find the non-existant tv card.

Now just to get some verification of a  working analog card that will work
with both, PAL, and SECAM.

I'll look at some more suppliers in France, and see if they have ATI ones.

Nigel.