TV tuner pci cards on FC2

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Sep 6 19:17:12 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 01:12, Nigel Henry wrote:
> I spent most of yesterday afternoon googling for info on supported TV tuner
> cards. From http://www.grosbill.com I found three analog cards within my
> price range.
> Card1:
> Avermedia AVerTV GO 007 plus/fm plus. This card according to the Avermedia
> site uses the Philips TDA8275 chipset.
> http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/CARDLIST.saa7134  shows a variant
> of this card, #57 that uses the saa7134 chipset.
> FC2's /lib/modules/2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma/kernel/drivers/media/video
> has a directory with drivers for the saa7134, but the only TDA drivers are:
> tda7432.ko, tda9840.ko, tda9875.ko, and tda9887.ko.
>
> Does anyone know if this card is likely to work if it isn't using the exact
> driver required?
>
> Card2:
> Pinnacle PCTV Analog PCI
> Can't find any chipset info on this one from Pinnaclesys site.
>
> Anyone know if this card is supported?
>
> Card3:
> Terratec Cinergy 250 PCI
> This uses, according to the Terratec site the Philips saa-7134 chipset, but
> isn't specifically listed at the link for saa7134 supported cards above.
>
> Any one knows if this works ok?
>
> Accepting that one of these cards has a suitable driver in the kernel, are
> there additional packages I need to install in order to play TV on the
> Linux box with FC2?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Nigel.

An update. Peter Reed suggested installing Tvtime, so I've done that, and have
also found another card. An Hauppage Win TV-Express (model755, I think). This
is an analog card, using an antenna connection, and has the Brooktrees Bt878
chipset. it is very cheap at 23.95€, but would appreciate any feedback, if
anyone has experience of this card.

Nigel.