Triple boot:XP,ubuntu&FC5 grub failed

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 19:44:35 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > Ah.  If GRUB isn't in the MBR, but, for example, hda1, then what's in the
> > MBR?
>
> Whatever you put into it. On my machine, it's Microsoft's MBR.
>
> Mike
> --

Hi again Mike!

I am thinking of recommending this structure to a friend wanting to do
CentOS/XP.  I think it is a good idea since I keep hearing about XP
and associated "security" and machine management SW scanning the MBR
and using a copy (of the original installed XP MBR) if they see a
change.

Does the above sound good?

On the one hand I feel kind of manipulated, on the other hand who
cares as long as it works.  GRUB does offer some "fall back" features
but other than that it appears to add nothing to the mix.

You are appreciated!

Tod