New Graphics Card--X won't load kernel module

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 00:09:16 UTC 2006

I just upgraded my graphics card.  At the same time I decided to re-install
all of the nvidia drivers I have and switch from the atrpms versions to the
livna ones.  Upon trying to boot X, I get the follwoing error (among
others):

FATAL: Module nvidia_1_0_8756 not found

It seems like it's trying to load the old kernel module (the atrms one).
I've got the livna driver and kernel module installed:

rpm -qa | grep nvidia
nvidia-glx-1.0.8762-1.lvn4
kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.17-1.2142_FC4-1.0.8762-1.lvn4

I have specified to use the "nvidia" driver in xorg.conf

Cheers,
Dylan