screen resolution

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 01:52:17 UTC 2006

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Thufir wrote:

> From: Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com>
> Subject: screen resolution
> Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general
>
> I'm just starting to research screen resolution.  I want to safely
> increase my screen resolution, but first need to make notes on how to
> recover, via the fedora rescue CD, in the event things go wrong.
>
> At this point I'm just thinking aloud, but please do chime in!  :)
[...]

'If you want resolutions above 800*600, you will need to Change it from
generic monitor, to generic 1024×768 Monitor (or whatever resolution you
want), and then you will be able to select higher resolutions from the
drop down list.'
<http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/52999-cant-increase-screen-resolution-beyond-800x600.html>

So, apparently, I just need to change the monitor type.  To confirm, FC5
is the first Fedora version to use modular X?  I'm running FC5.

-Thufir