Emulating I. E.6

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 08:03:04 UTC 2006

I need to occasionally connect to a U K government web site to get
information.

However, in their wisdom(?), they have designed the site so that it is
only accessible using Internet Explorer6. On the Home Page, which is the
only one I can access, there is a statement saying this. Links to the
other pages don't do anything!

I have tried using other browsers, but it is indeed only IE6 which can
be used.

Is there any way to get Konqueror or Thunderbird to emulate IE6? I don't
want to put IE on my computer and run it with Wine. Or is there another
Linux browser which will pretend it is IE?

Many thanks for any help

Keith