How to restart alsa?

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 12:51:11 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks, Janina, but getting
> > >
> > > # /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound restart
> > > bash: /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound: Permission denied
> > > #
> > >
> > > What permission precisely should I give to alsasound?
> > >
> > You have to run it as root.
>
> Thanks, Mikkel, but I ran the command as root.

After

chmod +x /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound

I got

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
Shutting down sound driver: ERROR: Module snd_hda_intel is in use
ERROR: Module snd_hda_codec is in use by snd_hda_intel
ERROR: Module snd_mixer_oss is in use
ERROR: Module snd_pcm is in use by snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
ERROR: Module snd_timer is in use by snd_pcm
ERROR: Module snd is in use by
snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
done
#

So, apparently, alsasound does not work properly.

Paul