Non root users account logins terminating within 10 seconds

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Sat Sep 9 15:51:58 UTC 2006

Just logged in to be told my account had terminated within 10 seconds.
Root is okay but new accounts terminate.

Oh. Logging in from remote over SSH they are fine.

The only things that I have done recently is to change the SELinux
permissions to Permissive from disabled and back again. Oh and install
ies4Linux in root but that should not effect anything.

Oh. and failsafe mode logs into the account okay. New accounts also have
the same problem.

>> you may want to fix home directories
>>
>> # chown -R user:group /home/user

I did a 'chown -R user:group /home/user' as root but that did not
correct the problem.

Aaron