Unable to play Audio CD's

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sat Sep 9 17:02:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm unable to play audio CD's. This is what's happening :

1) When I insert an audio CD, no audio CD application will start up ( I tried
several applications, all the same behaviour).
2) When I don't insert the audio CD, the applications start but as soon as I
insert the audio CD the application stops responding.

I also can't burn any normal CD's (DVD's are fine).

I'm running kernel 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 on X86-64.

This used to be fine a few weeks ago, so I guess an update in the past weeks
must have caused it.

regards,
Marcel