screen resolution

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 21:03:42 UTC 2006

On 9/10/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have seen that behavior. If your video card was correctly determined
> then the problem is that you have the wrong display (monitor) chosen.
> Did you try to change it in the gui the system-config-display gave you?

Maybe I should have been more clear.  I don't have any problems with my
display.  I've set the value of 1920x1200 in xorg.conf and that's the one
that is used.  I was just trying to make a comment on the usefulness of
xrandr to change resolutions without exiting X.  I was making the point that
the resolutions available to me through xrandr are those I've written in
xorg.conf, and not the same as those available to me through
system-config-display.  Sorry for the confusion