CD/DVD Verify

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 15:47:07 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm looking to write CDs and DVDs with (relatively) important data on them.
I'm building a filetree, using 'mkisofs' to turn that into an ISO image and
then using cdrecord to burn it onto the appropriate media.

So far, so good.  How can I verify that the media has recorded correctly ?
Do I have to mount the media and check each file, or is there some way to
verify the media itself against the ISO image file ?  I looked at 'readcd'
but it doesn't appear to do what I want - it actually seems to have some
difficulty reading the CD.  Any ideas ?

Jonathan