How do I make an installation initrd.img for a new kernal?

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 16:57:27 UTC 2006

Brad Bonkoski wrote:
> man mkinitrd
> -B
Unless I'm missing something  I'll end up with an initrd.img that will
boot the
system I run mkinitrd on. It will not have the contents that the
initrd.img has on
the CDs.

I've looked inside the /boot/initrd.img and
images/pxeboot/initrd.img and they have massive differences
in files in the img.

Barry