compiz on fc5

Mitja Mihelic mitja.mihelic at cosylab.com
Thu Sep 14 08:20:06 UTC 2006

I used this:
http://fedoraxgl.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Installation_en
But be careful if you have an ATI graphic card.
If you do, you must set the GdmXserverTimeout variable to let's say 30.
File /etc/sysconfig/xgl/custom.conf.xgl.begin:
<-snip->
[daemon]
GdmXserverTimeout=40
<-/snip->
The reason for this is, that XGL takes a bit longer to start on ATI
cards and gdm has a shorter default timeout
and it restarts itself, before XGL can load properly.

--
Mitja