Is there a 'whatprovides' equivalent?

George Arseneault george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 18:10:02 UTC 2006

For financial reasons, I am currently without Internet access on my home system.  I get by on friends system or the local library, if I only need to check email.  But, all of these systems are Windows systems.

  Is there a repository or other web site that has an equivalent of the 'whatprovides' command that I can access from these systems?  Or maybe a mailing list where I can list the files I need to find.  It seems rude to constantly ask the rest of the group.