Mysterious problem with sendmail

Bob Taylor brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx
Thu Sep 14 05:44:26 UTC 2006

I am running FC3. My email has been working just fine until I noticed
that I wasn't receiving root's mail. Then fetchmail returned an error
"Access denied" for each mail. I checked every configuration file in my
mail system even re-installed sendmail with no luck. I started sendmail
debugging and finally noticed during sendmails conversation (after HELO)
that it returned the error "service not available". I finally decided to
re-install without wiping my partitions. Mail is now working again with
the same configuration files except mail from tcpwrappers seems to be
rejected. Don't know *why*

Any thoughts on this mystery is greatfully welcome.

BTW, FC is moving to fast for me on a dial up so I have been waiting for
RH to announce v5 so I can install Centos. I really like Fedora but my
pipe is too small and my ISP doesn't like for me to tie up a modem line.
--
Bob Taylor <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx>