Type ASCII

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:02:13 UTC 2006

Ian Malone wrote:
> On 14/09/06, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > With a keyboard...  Perhaps you should say which character you're
>> trying
>> > to type.  e.g. In many consoles you can type CTRL G to get the ASCII
>> > character (decimal character number 7) that usually pings the bell.
>> >

>> I didnot understand your mail and I could not do it also, For example
>> for character A
>>

> How did you enter that 'A'?
>
> Maybe what you want to do is enter arbitrary characters according
> to some codepage?

Is this what you want to do?
<http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/input-keyboard.html#shortcuts>
Unicode entry shortcuts

"Note that you cannot use Shift-Ctrl-A-thru-F or Shift-Ctrl-0-thru-9 for
your own purposes, as these combinations are used to enter unicode
characters in text fields."

Alternatively: Applications|Accessories|Character map

--
imalone