compiz on fc5

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Thu Sep 14 20:39:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:20 +0200, Mitja Mihelic wrote:
> I used this:
> http://fedoraxgl.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Installation_en

I used that guide to get XGL and compiz working on my nvidia.  It's
pretty slick, but it screws up my TwinView dual-head setup.  Without XGL
running (gnome-xgl-switch --disable), I have my main screen and my
second screen.  With XGL and compiz running, I have one desktop
stretched across both screens.  This is with no changes to xorg.conf.  I
have the same results with xinerama.  Anyone else using twinview or
xinerama?

gset-compiz-0.3.3-1
compiz-1.0.0-4
xgl-hardware-list-1.0.0-2