compiz on fc5

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Fri Sep 15 02:55:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 18:27 -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> Be sure to remove ALL of the installed RPMS that you got from the
> tuxfamily site and that TwinView is working properly with X/Metacity,
> before proceeding with the instructions here:

Didn't seem to help.  Twinview actually works fine with or without XGL.
The problem is with XGL, the desktop spans both monitors, giving me
2048x768, which is unacceptable.  Without, I have two separate, well,
"desktop sections", I guess you could say.  Clock and toolbars all on
the left, and the right is just extra space.

The howto said to remove everything from tuxfamily but
xorg-x11-server-Xgl and glitz, but that pretty much just leaves
compiz(-quinn) and the utilities being installed from illawarra.

OTOH, FC6 with AIGLX is only a month away....