sample yum.conf

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 17 00:43:48 UTC 2006

bruce wrote:
> hi...
>
> somehow it appears that my yum files are messed up. i have FC4. can someone
> post their yum.conf file, as well as any files that you have in your
> yum.repos.d dir...
>
> i'd like to be able to compare what i have, with what someone has that
> actually works. i trust someone on this list more than i do from google!
>
> thanks

This is mine but no repo dirs as to many to post.

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=20
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
exclude=pcmcia* *pilot* kdesdk* lirch* *ppp* wireless-tools
NetworkManager* kdepim *evolution* system-config-printer gnome-pa
nel *samba* *nautilus*
metadata_expire=1800
plugins=1
autocleanup=no
keepcache=1
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
timeout=7
retries=2
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=0

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

david