Checking internet connection without a winbox

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 17 08:25:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 10:44 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> What is a typical IP for a modem? Maybe if I just knew it's IP, then I
> could get into the control panel and figure out what to do.

192.168.1.254 and 192.168.0.1 are two common ones.  One moderately
simple way to find it would be to connect just one computer and that
device together, then use one of the network scanning tools.  You should
get some response from it.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.