firefox crashes with acroread plugin

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Sep 17 11:11:22 UTC 2006

Hello Dean,

yes I had mozplugger installed, but without mozplugger firefox crashes also
with the acroread plugin so it is no problem with mozplugger. mozilla indeed
works with acroread plugin, but I want to have firefox correctly working.

It is definitly a problem introduced by Fedora changes, as also Vinicius told
us that the tarball from mozilla.org works.

I think this bug should be fixed regardless any constraints Fedora people may
have against commercial software like acrobat, as this looks like a severe
bug in the plugin API (my trouble with the java plugin not working could be
related to this). Who knows, maybe other plugins could crash firefox too?

Sincerly,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger         Beschleunigerlaboratorium
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany